Training classes are now in recess for the summer break and will recommence in the first week of February 2023 - Details
Membership renewal / registration day - Sunday January 22nd 2023 @ 09.30am - 11 a.m
The club usually welcomes new members in any week of the training year, which runs from the first Sunday in February to the last Sunday in November, subject to the club's Hot Weather Policy.
With Puppy Kindy classes unaffected by the Hot Weather policy as they're conducted in the air-conditioned clubrooms.
You will need to bring your dog's current Veterinary vaccination certificate, and the appropriate sum of money (see below) in the form of cash or a cheque, as the club doesn't at this stage offer credit card facilities.
Newcomers are invited to come along and watch classes before deciding whether our approach and time-table suits their needs.
New enrolments for dogs over 16 weeks of age are taken on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Enrolments for Puppy Kindy (pups aged 8-16 weeks) are also taken on Tuesday nights
There is a once-off joining fee of $15, for continuous membership, which applies to all new memberships.
- Annual Single Adult Membership - $55 assuming one dog being trained, with a further $5 payable for each subsequent dog on that membership
- Double Adult Membership - $75
- Junior* Membership - $30
- Concessions (students and pensioners) - $30 (proof of the basis for the concession is required)
- Double Concession rate - $50
N.B: Junior* Membership:
A person 13 years and under 18 years of age who has current membership, having paid the fee for a Junior Membership. Junior Members shall be entitled to train a dog under the supervision of their parent/guardian, but Junior Membership shall not confer any other benefits, rights or privileges under these Rules or the Constitution. Those younger than 13 are not eligible for membership and may not handle a dog in class, but are welcome to participate in Puppy Pre-school groups and to observe outdoor classes, always accompanied by an adult.
Membership includes: Puppy Kindergarten for pups aged 8 - 16 weeks
- There are no weekly or session fees
- A current Veterinary Immunisation Certificate will need to be sighted on joining before a dog may enter class. A vaccination certificate for the first 'Puppy shots' (usually given at 6 weeks of age) is required for Puppy Kindergarten.
- Membership renewals are due in November after the Annual General Meeting. Fees are routinely reviewed at each AGM, and not at other times throughout the year.
*The club is unable to offer Credit card facilities at this time.